Monday, August 11, 2014

Obese No More!

It's been four months since I started with my weigh loss journey through the Cohen Lifestyle Program.  On April 3, 2014 I made a decision to shed the excess weight that I had for years.  For more than 10 years I just kept on gaining weight.  I tried so many programs from gym enrolment, weight loss program from Marie France to calorie counting and diet supplements.  Nothing worked on me.

I started 206.7 lbs and now I am down to 157 lbs.  My target weight under the program is between 112 to 116 lbs.  I know I am still 40 lbs away from this but I know I am getting there one pound at a time.  I have never been under or within the 150s ever since I gave birth to my eldest.  So as early as now I am so convinced that the Cohen Lifestyle program really works if you stick to the eating plan.

April 3, 2014 and August 7, 2014


All the cooking and food preparations paid off.  Time management and discipline are key elements in entering the program.  You have to follow the prescribed eating plan and truly food becomes your medicine.  From a 3XL or sometimes 4XL I am now down to Large sized clothes, there are even cases where I fit to medium.   I really thought this will never happen in my life.  I really gave up on my weight and accepted the fact I'd be obese until I saw people losing weight from this program.  I started asking people under the program and learned that if I follow the plan then weight lose is a sure thing to happen.  Contrary to the other programs I have been to with no definite plans or process on how to go by day by day, I find it easier to have a set of rules to follow.  Cohen definitely is black and white on what can or cannot be done under the program.  For someone who tried so many things already, having a set of steps and rules to follow that will guarantee weight loss would mean a lot in terms of focus and determination.

I am really glad that I made the decision 4 months ago.  Finally, I can hear people complimenting me on my slimmer look, something I thought was just a dream or wishful thinking.  I am still be overweight but I am OBESE NO MORE :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment