Few months ago, I decided to take a healthier lifestyle by enrolling at the Cohen Lifestyle Program. It was a big challenge to my discipline and determination. Following the eating plan, one is guaranteed to lose weight in a healthier manner. I am on my 7th month and finally reaping the fruits of my labor.
I lost 64 lbs already but I am still 16 lbs away from my target weight. Although I still need to shed this last difficult pounds away, it feels good to be able to wear small or medium sized clothes at this stage. It has been ages since I am able to wear clothes of this size. Month on month my clothes sizes changes and this month having been able to wear S/M was all worth the control for cravings.
Not that I feel less confident when I was bigger but losing the fats made me feel healthier. I can walk for hours without getting tired easily or having sore feet. Surprisingly my acid reflux and the joint pains in my hands due to high uric acid stopped. I pray for more strength to keep on going and make better choices for my body. Some of the things that became a habit under the lifestyle are the following:
- Water intake of at least 2 liters a day
- Spacing of meals is key (5 hours in between major meals)
- Cooking the healthier way like broiling, steaming or air frying and using canola and olive oil to pan fry food
- Appreciating vegetables more than ever (eating more greens)
- Getting enough sleep (at least 6 hours) and going to bed before 10pm