Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cohen Style Pizza

When i started with Cohen Lifestyle, despite being an 'able cook' at home, it was hard to prepare meals that are compliant with the the prescription.  Coming from a tasty eating habit, eating food in controlled seasoning is a big change. 

One thing I am very thankful about is having cheese in the eating plan and one of my favorite Cohen compliant food is the vegetable pizza.  It's very simple to make although I wish I can have this everyday, the eating plan limits the use of cheese.

The crust of the pizza is made of the allowed crackers.  I think the Meiji crackers is best as base for pizza but Kavli Thins was equally good plus its bigger than the 2 Meiji crackers put together.


The recipe is simple, I use the following ingredients:
  • onions, green bell pepper, mushroom, garlic and tomato for the veggie allowance
  • dried basil, pepper and salt
  • 2pcs kavli crackers
  • mozarella cheese based on allowance
I simply arrange the veggies on top of the crackers except for the garlic which i slice thinly and set aside. Sprinkle some  dried basil, pepper and salt then cover it with mozarella cheese which I slice thinly to cover the crackers.  Finally the sliced garlic is placed on top of the cheese. It only takes 3-5 minutes to cook this via air fryer or oven toaster. When the mozarella is browned and bubbly its ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment