Sunday, October 19, 2014

Losing Big to Become Small

Having been wearing size 16, 18, 3XL or 4XL for nearly 10 years, I would naturally go straight to the plus size section to buy clothes.  There was even a time I had to go online shopping with One Stop Shop OSP, Avenue or Jessica London since most US sized clothes fit me well. I had more choices when I shop online than to go local department store simply because the average Filipino ladies have small to medium body frames. It is also unfortunate that there are few choices for plus sized ladies when it comes to clothes.  

Few months ago, I decided to take a healthier lifestyle by enrolling at the Cohen Lifestyle Program. It was a big challenge to my discipline and determination.  Following the eating plan, one is guaranteed to lose weight in a healthier manner.  I am on my 7th month and finally reaping the fruits of my labor.



I lost 64 lbs already but I am still 16 lbs away from my target weight.  Although I still need to shed this last difficult pounds away, it feels good to be able to wear small or medium sized clothes at this stage. It has been ages since I am able to wear clothes of this size.  Month on month my clothes sizes changes and this month having been able to wear S/M was all worth the control for cravings.  

Not that I feel less confident when I was bigger but losing the fats made me feel healthier.  I can walk for hours without getting tired easily or having sore feet.  Surprisingly my acid reflux and the joint pains in my hands due to high uric acid stopped.  I pray for more strength to keep on going and make better choices for my body.  Some of the things that became a habit under the lifestyle are the following:
  • Water intake of at least 2 liters a day
  • Spacing of meals is key (5 hours in between major meals)
  • Cooking the healthier way like broiling, steaming or air frying and using canola and olive oil to pan fry food
  • Appreciating vegetables more than ever (eating more greens)
  • Getting enough sleep (at least 6 hours) and going to bed before 10pm
I may have not sweat it out but I lost big time to become small by food discipline and focus.  It not easy but the sacrifices are all worth it.  Choose to be healthy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment