Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love...Love...Love to Eat

February is the love month.  Immediately after the last day of the Chinese New Year, shops and restaurants all over the metro began decorating their establishment red.  Some would have probably planned for their Valentines celebration weeks or even months ago.  Hopeless romantics would always go for something different or something special to surprise their loved ones.

I love dating and going out but in my relationship history, I would rather be surprised with flowers or chocolates in any other day than on Valentines Day.  I don't know why...maybe its just me.   Nevertheless, since I am already attached to that someone who has dated me for so long, I would of course appreciate going out on February 14 not  because its Valentines day but because I love eating out.

Recently, I am loving this small restaurant along Valero called XO 46 Bistro.  Though we have been eating there in group, therefore enclosing ourselves in the small function room, I find their set up outside good for couples dating.






The restaurant is tastefully decorated in classic Filipino details.  What is even more enticing is that their food portion and price are very reasonable.  Solo orders ranges from Php200 - 500 while orders 'to share' costs about Php 350 to 1000.  Their Kare Kareng Crispy Tadyang is a must try.





Their laing and pinakbet are also equally good.  The meal goes well with their version of favorite Filipino beverage, gulaman.   I have not tried their tapas yet but this would surely land on my plate on my next visit. The waiters would usually call you senorita or senorito, they would also speak to you in pure Filipino.  Some would find it awkward but I love hearing the way they speak Tagalog, its like hearing a conversation from an old Filipino movie.

The restaurant is pretty small so i think a reservation would always be good.  Good food and good ambiance is equal to a dining experience.  Now I am craving for that Kare Kare again...

No comments:

Post a Comment