Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Remembering Whitney and Appreciating Charice

Whitney Houston deserves to be remembered as one great music icon in the history.  I remember trying to sing her songs whenever I feel like I am a 'belter' too *wishful thinking*.  From Greatest Love of All, Saving All My Love to I Have Nothing and Run to You, I tried singing them all.  Her songs are too inspiring to let me aspire becoming a singer even inside my room.  Despite Whitney's sad ending, I think people will always remember her for being a real good shining diva of her time.

One artist who I believe looks up to her as an idol is Charice Pempengco.  This young lady is mile away qualified (than me of course) to sing Whitney's songs.  She wows any crowd who listen to her singing Whitney's classics.  When she went back to guest in the popular Korean variety show 'Star King', where she was discovered through a video upload in You Tube,  MC Kang Ho Dong and some  popular Korean artists  in the show was simply wowed by her great rendition of Whitney's medley.



I must admit I listen to a lot of K-Pop songs and I think I have been listening to K-Pop music more than anything else the past months or years but watching Charice perform there make me feel proud being a Filipino.  The girl is truly talented.  I remember betting on her during the Little Big Star show.  Though she did not win the grand prize, I am glad she was discovered through that You Tube video.  From the very beginning, I am amazed of how a little girl like her can sing with so much power and soul.  She deserves whatever fame she is receiving right now,  for the hard work and the talent she has harnessed.  It wasn't easy for her to rise to stardom to begin with. 




I am totally mesmerized with songs from Whitney and is equally amazed of how good Charice can sing these songs.  With the demise of  Whitney, I hope she rests in peace.  I also earnestly wish for Charice to continuously gain world recognition for her talent.

Note:  the videos are not mine, these are all taken from You Tube posts. No copyright infringement intended in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment