Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spandemonioum

After a long break from Holy Week, it's less than 24 hours before going back to work, so I decided to recharge myself completely with a massage.   I love being pampered this way.  I love spas!  It's everywhere but they are not the same so choosing one can be confusing and deceiving at times.  Having been living in the north for almost a decade, it's good that Matic Wellness Center is few minutes away from home in Malolos.


So far, this is the most decent Spa in Malolos. I say the most in terms of service, ambiance and location.  There is a lot to choose from specially if you are budget conscious but you have to temper your expectations.  Not all spas are the same.   I had horrible experiences in other Spas within this city.   From the collection of experiences, i figured out that these are my must haves in a spa:
  • Good to Great Service - massage is supposed to relieve or make you feel relaxed. I tried so many massage services and there are therapists who are really incompetent as if they are just squeezing and mashing a clay. For me a good massage therapist knows exactly the points and the muscles where to put the right amount of pressure.  Grooming and hygiene of the therapist is very important, the last thing you would want to experience is being touched by someone who smells bad.  I also look for some sort of professionalism in performing the service, I know they don't need to be a college graduate but they have to exercise proper work ethics.  I had experiences where therapists are texting while doing the massage.  When some spas are strict on noises made even by customer it's very annoying to encounter these therapists.  I really had to call the attention of the  the manager, this is also one reason why I would never be a return customer.
  • Good to Great Ambiance - the place has to be clean and very conducive for relaxation.  I think some spas were just built for the sake of raking money from customers.  If there can't be some theme or concept in the spa at least it has to be clean from bed, linen to CR.  What goes with the ambiance is of course a decent location. 
Even if the service is just 3 stars in Matic, this is the only spa in Malolos that I feel comfortable with.  The location is perfect and the spa is clean.  Overall it may not be excellent but its okay.  They charge P400 for 1 hour massage and they have other package services with price ranging from P500 to P1000.  Compared to the other spas in Malolos they are the most expensive.  It may not be comparable to the other spas in Metro Manila but in Malolos so far they are the most decent as I mentioned.   

From my experience, The Spa in Rockwell provides the most consistent service.  This spa is pricey but you get what you pay for, excellent service and really neat, clean and relaxing place.  I think their therapists are all well trained, the strokes, the pressures are so right.  


The location of their branches are also very accessible.  Their rate is equivalent to 3 to 4 trips to other spas from the corner but comparing the experience I would say they are 5 stars in my must haves.   Another spa which i think is really value for money is Ahavia.


My sister introduced me to this Spa when it was still in Wilson near the boundary of San Juan and Mandaluyong.  Their location is a little off from the commuting customers but you will be surprised that a lot of people really go to this spa.  Your P400 will be well spent here.  I have been there thrice and I must say their service (therapist) is comparable to The Spa minus the exclusivity of being serviced in a room, a glamorous bathroom and hotel-like feel.  Compared to other spas with same price range, Ahavia is the best.  I guess they are even better than other well advertised and borderline pricey spas out there. I sometimes wish there is Ahavia-like spa here in Malolos.

Bottomline is, selecting a spa to relax your body can be tricky at times.  You can't just look into their rate cards. Although it takes actual service experience to validate value for money, a bad massage can ruin your day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment