Friday, May 4, 2012

Shogun Shogood Burger

I can't recall the last time I had a meal at Tokyo Tokyo.  Before I have discovered the joy of eating Japanese food (except for the raw dishes), Tokyo Tokyo is the only Japanese fast food where I can eat.  I initially started with Tonkatsudon, or I should say it has been a consistent order as I was afraid to explore other dishes.

Few weeks ago, my sister and I decided to try Tokyo Tokyo after getting curious with  shogun burger.   Like any other industry or product, restaurants need to innovate menu to keep competing in the market so maybe this shogun burger is an attempt to do so and we bit the bait. 


Nothing fancy about the packaging because what will matter is the taste of their burger of course.  For a Php 100 burger it got to be more than just the quarter pounder or champ.


The black sesame seed bun is definitely a come on.  Surprisingly the burger was good.  The patty looked like it was grilled and it came with a terriyaki like sauce instead of the usual mayo.  There was also a decent piece of iceberg lettuce on it.  First bite went smoothly down,  the 'umay' factor was not present and maybe its because of the sauce.  It was a good eat paired with this:


In fact i think it would be a good idea to put some of the rings in the burger.  The batter was crispy and its a good combination to dip it on the white tartar sauce. I can literally forget about the other stuff in their menu with these additions.   Now I will have a reason to be back in Tokyo Tokyo. Oishi!

9 comments:

  1. Hey Jane! Did the Shogun burger come with the onion rings? I mean, was this ala carte or a value meal. Because if it was a value meal, shelling out P100 for everything would be super worth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was ala carte quite expensive compared to other fast food burgers but it was a good Php 100 hope you get a try and let me know if you think their burger is good.

      Delete
  2. The last time I went to tokyo tokyo is when I figured that their food became too commercialized. But, 100 php for the shogun burger is an effective bait for me to come back and try it. I hope to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree! when i tried the other 'japanese' restaurant i also figured it out so it took me years to dine back to their resto until i tried that shogun burger,

      Delete
  3. very small burger but with huge patties. sarap kainin nyan kasama ng onion rings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this shogun burger last night and I could say that it is impressive considering it's from a Jap Resto :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see how a Japanese food chain like Tokyo Tokyo venture to other viands owned by the Western Food Culture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't tasted Tokyo Tokyo's burgers! Too think that I always pass by a branch almost everyday, I should've gotten a taste of it when it first came out.. >.< Anyway, i'll make sure to try it soon though.

    ReplyDelete