Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Big Bang is Coming to Manila

Finally after all those K-POP boy and girl groups who came, the biggest is coming over in Manila this October 24, 2012.  Big Bang (빅뱅) is performing here in the Philippines for the very first time and I am so excited about it! Not to mention it will be at the Arena in MOA.  They are the only group (aside from 2NE1) that I am continuously following since I discovered their music.






Big Bang is really going global this time.  Most of the time  before or after launching an album they do stage concerts but usually just in Korea and Japan but I guess after winning the 2011 MTV Europe's best world wide act for their song 'Tonight', they are ready to face their international fans and I am so glad they have included Philippines in their Alive World Tour itinerary.

I started to listen to Korean music way back 2007 with songs from Se7en and Wheesung.  Big Bang is the first boy group that I have ever truly liked amongst the bunch of Korean Pop (KPOP) idol groups and it all started when I saw a video clip of their performance of Fool's Only Tears at the SBS Inkigayo.  Up until now, it's one of my most favorites from Big Bang they never fail to sing it during their concerts like the one below:





Since then I started collecting their album, watching their performances online and 2010 I got to watch them live from the Olympic Theater in Seoul for the YG Family Concert.  It was totally a very new experience in watching concerts with all the lights and LED display.   The theater was full of energy, I must say the Koreans are great viewers and fans.

I like that they have a flavor of R&B and Hip Hop in their music.  While initially they are being criticized from not looking the typical 'pretty boys' as the other boy groups seem to be, I thought they all looked cool and they were so different from the rest of the KPOP boy groups. 




Their two most recent albums are showing a different side of their music and I am super loving it.  Their single 'Tonight' from their Big Bang Special Edition mini album in 2011 sealed the international recognition for their existence and their last album Alive instantly made the 3 released singles certified hits.

I can't wait for October to come.  I would really go for that front seat this time.  I can't thank YG enough for bringing Big Bang here in the Philippines.  빅뱅 너무 좋아요!

Note:  Videos are not mine, credit goes to those who own it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment