Monday, August 20, 2012

Japanese Pride

The long weekend is almost over.  Typically I would spend a great time watching Korean drama, the marathon way.  This time, I opted to search for a Japanese drama since they are usually short.  The problem I have with Japanese dramas though is that I usually get bothered at times with actors especially when the drama is lifted from a Manga (japanese comics).

I found this drama out of comment thread from online streaming sites where I usually watch Korean, Taiwanese and Japanese dramas.  The drama is entitled Pride which stars Takuya Kimura whom i think resembles Korean actor Lee Min Ho.


I don't know what took me so long to find this drama.  The story centers on Haru (played by Kimura) a talented hockey player who appears to be cold until he met Aki (played by Yuko Takeuchi).  Haru and Aki agreed to be a couple until Aki's boyfriend (Natsukawa) returns.  She has been waiting him for 2 years despite of no communication.

Both consenting to be in this game,  Haru and Aki actually developed real love.  Unfortunately, Aki's boyfriend suddenly returned which signaled a game over of this blooming relationship.   This actually breaks my heart for Haru.  I know that Aki, only by a long lost promise of marrying his boyfriend upon return, is choosing Natsukawa but deep inside her she has truly learned to love Haru.

The story has a simple plot.  It slowly unfolds each of the main and supporting characters in every episode.  The chemistry between Kimura and Yuko worked as I wish they are for real.  I also like it that Japanese dramas develops stories fast such that a dragging and boring drama would be obvious.  There is not much prolonged agony and sorrow.

I like this drama, I don't know why it took me a long time to discover it.  Good thing that it doesn't look that old.  I also find Kimura interesting, he looks so well (ahem read as 'hot') and equally good in portraying his role.  To date, I only have Shun Oguri in mind whenever i think of Japanese actors to like and now Kimura is an addition.

If you are looking for something to watch, take time to watch Pride.  It's a feel good drama, certainly you will fall in love with Haru and Aki's love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment