Monday, May 12, 2014

A Choice to be Light

A month ago I have made a big decision about how big I am.  I enrolled myself in the Cohen Lifestyle program.  I have been comfortable of myself for the longest time and was not bothered by my increasing weight until a I woke up weighing 207 pounds :-(  For the past years I just kept on getting heavier.  It started after giving birth to my first kid.  From the usual 130lbs i weighed 160lbs.  I was not able to get rid of the post natal weight gain and just continuously gained in the next 10 years.


I have tried several means to lose weight but nothing really worked.  I went on crash diets, enrolled my self to gym and even tried those slimming machines and cold wraps but nothing really gave me the significant result.  Either I don't gain weight, lose a little but later on gain back double.  Hitting the 200lbs mark was a wake up call.  I never really thought I could be this big.


Right before enrolling myself to the Cohen Lifestyle program, I did some mental preparation.  I was on vacation in South Korea, the picture above was taken 2 days before I started with this lifestyle change. While overseas,  I conditioned myself to stop craving for restaurant and fast food.  I prepared myself that I will eat differently with my family moving forward and that I need to do this to heal myself from sickness called obesity.  Right now, I am taking to heart what the center told me.  Food is my medicine.

I started the day before my birthday.  It was a test of how I can control myself.  While everyone is eating spaghetti, chicken, cake, barbeque and cake, I had chicken breast salad in balsamic vinegar.  In the first few days of my journey, I thought of backing out but every time I think of how costly the program is and how many people actually made it in the program puts me back to the right perspective.

The Cohen Lifestyle is based on blood chemistry of a person.  The food is weighed based on personal eating plan and cooked the Cohen way.  This program really needs time management and attention to details when it comes to food preparation.

I am now on my 6th week.  From my last weigh in (4th week) I lost 18lbs, something i never ever achieved in the different programs i took before.  This is what is keeping my determination from sticking to my eating plan.  It's still a long way to go but every step of the way is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment